The journey for healthy, sparkling white teeth doesn’t need to be a difficult one. With the advancement of dentistry and dental practices, it’s become easier than ever before to get the perfect smile of your dreams. The two most popular cosmetic dental procedures for achieving a healthy smile are Invisalign and Snap-On Smile which are great alternatives to braces. Here we will go through the pros and cons of both, to help you make the best choice for your teeth.
Invisalign braces originated in the 1990s and have become a mainstream staple to teeth alignment over traditional metal braces. Invisalign is a clear set of hard plastic aligners which are fitted specifically for your teeth. They require frequent checking over the first few months for proper alignment but are barely noticeable in public. Here are the pros and cons of Invisalign braces:
- Invisalign braces are more comfortable than metal braces as they remove the metal in your mouth.
- They are clear braces, which makes them barely noticeable in public. This helps give you the confidence to smile and feel good while wearing them.
- Invisalign braces are far more convenient than metal braces, as they can be removed for eating, brushing teeth and flossing. This can’t be achieved with traditional braces. This also helps lower the chance of developing gum disease
- Invisalign braces require minimal maintenance and can be easily cleaned by brushing them with toothpaste or dipping them in a bleach and water solution.
- Some Invisalign braces aren’t covered by dental insurance and are more expensive than traditional braces.
- Attachments are available which can improve the functionality of Invisalign, but will reduce the effectiveness of the clear plastic.
- Must be worn for at least 22 hours per day
- Wearing Invisalign braces can be uncomfortable for the first few months of use
Snap-On Smile as the name suggests is a specially made device that fits over the user’s teeth to give them a cosmetically healthy and beautiful smile. Depending on the user’s tooth condition, it can be used right away or after a few operations (eg. teeth need removing). A perfect impression of your teeth are made so they fit your mouth perfectly. Your Snap on Smile dentist works closely with you to give you the best results.
- Hides crooked, stained and missing teeth behind a clean device
- A suitable alternative for those who want to avoid dental implants
- Gives you a healthy looking smile in a very short time
- More affordable than other options out there
- Snap-On Smile is merely a cover for your teeth and won’t actually repair or restore your real teeth health
- As they are artificially made, results can look “too good” and unnatural
- May make teeth look slightly bulky depending on your current tooth size
- Treatments may not be covered by insurance
TL: DR (Too Long: Didn’t read), Invisalign in Sydney costs more, takes longer but aim to actually repair your teeth structure over time like traditional metal braces. Snap-On Smile is a quick and cheaper alternative to braces for a good looking smile, but won’t heal pre-existing tooth conditions or correct misaligned teeth, merely covers them. Think about this before determining what’s best for your situation and your teeth. Check out our other sources on Snap-On Smile FAQs, or talk to the experts at Cosmic Smile for in-depth answers.