- Are missing teeth causing embarrassment or eroding your self-confidence?
- Is it embarrassing for you to smile due to spaces or gaps between your teeth?
- What would you think about restoring your smile in just a single appointment?
Missing Teeth, Lost Confidence
Your smile is one of the first things that other people notice. When someone is missing a tooth or multiple teeth, they often refrain from smiling around others. Instead, they hide their smile so as to not draw attention to it. Others may interpret this as a lack of friendliness or happiness when in reality that is not the case. The negative impact of missing teeth can wreak havoc on your personal, professional and social life.
Unfortunately, a single missing tooth can also affect all of the rest of the teeth in your mouth. The adjacent teeth often drift into the space, causing them to appear crooked and making you susceptible to plaque build-up, food deposits, and gum disease. The opposing teeth may also be altered as they erupt further from the socket in an attempt to find a tooth to bite against. When one tooth is lost, the rest of the teeth will respond.
By replacing missing teeth with options like dental implants, permanent bridges, partials or dentures, you can restore the proper function and aesthetics to your smile. Cosmic Smile Dental in Sydney offers a wide variety of tooth replacement options that can improve your oral health and also help you feel better about the way you look.
What Treatment Options Does Cosmic Smile Dental Offer?
We offer a variety of treatment methods for missing teeth, based on your priorities, concerns, and current oral health. Dental implants, bridges, partial and full dentures are all effective ways to restore the function of your smile. Deciding on which type of treatment to have will depend on several factors, but there is typically more than one acceptable method for most people to choose from.
- Bridges: A fixed bridge is capable of replacing 1 or 2 teeth when there are healthy teeth adjacent to the area. Similar to a dental crown, bridges are a made of metal or porcelain and cover the entire surface of the tooth above the gums. 2 crowns with a false crown between them are fused together and then cemented onto the prepared teeth adjacent to the open space. Click Here For more information about Dental Bridges
- Dentures: Temporary, partial and full dentures can help restore the oral functions and smile of a person that has lost all or several of their teeth. Temporary dentures are generally prescribed for patients to have in place after immediate tooth removal due to disease. These dentures last up to 6 months for healing to take place, so that a more permanent solution can be devised. Partial dentures are used for when several teeth in one arch are missing and need to be replaced. It may be made of metal or acrylic and it stays in place by clasping around the existing healthy teeth. Full dentures replace all teeth at one time, and are made of an acrylic material. Click Here For more information about dentures
- Dental Implants: Implants are one of the most effective, natural ways to replace the function of a missing tooth. No matter how many teeth you have lost, dental implants are an effective treatment for restoring your smile as long as there is enough bone support in place. A titanium root implant is placed into the bone in the area of the missing tooth. The bone is then allowed a period of time to re-form around the implant. Once proper support has been established, a porcelain crown that has been designed to blend in naturally with the other teeth will be attached to the implant. Cosmic Smile Dental implants are designed to last for approximately 20 years. Click Here For more information about dental implants
What Is The Cosmic Smile Dental Procedure For Dental Implants?
Many dental implant patients find themselves going back and forth between specialists and their dentist for dental implant therapy. Dr. Pang is one of the few dentists in Sydney with the expertise and ability to restore your teeth as well as surgically place the dental implants. He along with his team of expert nurses and assistants evaluate and meticulously plan each individual patient’s treatment from start till finish.
Cosmic Smile Dental implant therapy involves 3 phases of treatment:
- Phase 1 – Placement of titanium implant roots.
- Phase 2 – After a healing period of 3-6 months, small abutments are placed on the implanted fixtures for the support of the replacement crowns or other desired prosthesis.
- Phase 3 – Tooth replacements (crowns, bridges or dentures) are created in a laboratory and then affixed to the abutments.
Come to Cosmic Smile Dental Today
Don’t hide your smile any longer. If you’ve grown tired of the way your teeth look when you are around other people, schedule a consultation with Cosmic Smile Dental today. Our patients enjoy successful restoration of their smiles and enjoy the social benefits just as much as the function of their new teeth.