Sydney porcelain veneers are considered some of the most natural-looking veneers available. If you are considering veneers, it is important to find the best cosmetic dentist for porcelain veneers near you. Dental veneers are a popular way to achieve a bright, white smile. They are also an investment, and you want them to last as long as possible. So which veneers last longer: porcelain or composite? Both types of veneers can last for many years with proper care. However, porcelain veneers are more durable and resist staining better than composite veneers.
If you’re one of the many people who have had porcelain veneers installed, then you know that dental veneers lifespan can last for years with proper care. Here are some tips to help make sure your new smile stays looking great for as long as possible!
- Avoid using your teeth as tools. Your veneers are strong, but they’re not indestructible. Biting on hard objects or opening things with your teeth can lead to chips and cracks.
- Quit tobacco products. Smoking and chewing tobacco can stain your veneers and make them yellow over time. If you want to keep your smile looking bright, it’s best to avoid tobacco altogether.
- Be careful with dark-coloured foods and drinks. Foods to avoid with porcelain veneers are berries, coffee, and red wine can cause surface stains on your teeth. To prevent this, try to rinse your mouth with water after eating or drinking anything that might cause staining.
- Floss every day. Veneers don’t replace the need for daily flossing! Flossing helps to keep your gums healthy and can prevent gum disease, which can create gaps between your gums and veneers.
- Wear a mouthguard. If you’re an active sports player or grind your teeth at night, wearing a mouthguard can help protect your veneers from chips and cracks.
- Use the proper oral hygiene tools. A soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste will clean your veneers without damaging them.
- When to replace veneers. Over time, your veneers will eventually need to be replaced. This is because the bonding agent to attach them to your teeth will ultimately break down. Replacing veneers is a similar process to the original installation, and your dentist can help you choose the best time to do it.
There’s no easy answer to the question of when you should get veneers. Porcelain veneers are a significant investment, and the best time to get them depends on your unique situation and goals. However, if you’re considering veneers to improve the appearance of your teeth, it’s important to consult a qualified cosmetic dentist to discuss your options. They will be able to advise you on the best course of action for your specific case and provide an accurate estimate of porcelain veneers cost in Australia. Ultimately, the decision of when to get veneers should be made in consultation with a professional.
Choosing a dentist you can trust is one of the best ways to ensure that your veneers last for as long as possible.