Corona Virus Update & Hand Hygiene
At CSLD we comply with the Australian Dental Association (ADA) recommendations of universal precautions with all patients, which involves thorough routine cleaning and disinfection strategies & use of personal protective equipment, gloves, masks, etc (PPE) with every patient at all times.
In addition our clinic also uses ozonated water as a pre-operative rinse which dramatically reduces viruses, bacteria and fungi within the oral environment to reduce aerosols.
The use of rubber dam for most procedures further eliminates the likelihood of exposure from our patients.
We remain vigilant for any signs of illness from any of our patients and discourage attending the surgery with any of the following presentations:
1) Fever or history of fever AND acute respiratory infection (shortness of breath or cough or sore throat) Similar to patients with other flu-like illnesses.
2) Epidemiological criteria
Any overseas travel in the last 14 days with or without symptoms
Close contact within 14 days before illness onset with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
Even so, we recommend that if you have any health issues or are in a higher risk age group that you delay any non-urgent dental appointments.
For urgent treatment we are of course still available.
Basics of Preventing Disease Transmission
1. Cover your cough and sneeze. Use a tissue or sleeve to absorb the microdroplets that result from a cough or sneeze. Dispose of the tissue and then wash your hands.
2. Wash your hands. And if using hand sanitizer – a healthcare grade alcohol-based hand sanitizers is recommended. See hand washing poster attached.
3. Don’t touch the T-zone – ie. eyes, nose, and mouth.
4. If you’re sick, stay home.
Dr Jason Pang & the Cosmic Smile Dental Team